AC Maintenance in Graham, Puyallup, Spanaway, WA, and Surrounding Areas
Steady Air, LLC
Air conditioner maintenance is one of the most vital things you can do in your home. We always attempt to make this clear to our consumers, but we’d like to take the time to address a few points here.
Although AC maintenance is a popular topic among homeowners, there are some common misconceptions. We want to work with you to ensure you have all of your facts straight. We can do this because everybody on our team is an air conditioning specialist. Continue reading to find out more. Contact us today for AC maintenance in Graham, Puyallup, Spanaway, WA, and surrounding areas.
The Optimal Time For AC Maintenance
The best time to perform AC maintenance is before you need it! Maintaining your AC unit before the hot summer days ensures that your AC will perform more efficiently when needed. It will save you money while also keeping your home cool.
We strongly advise you to do routine cooling system maintenance in the mid-to-late spring. You can plan for the summer and contact a specialist if necessary. Because parts of your air conditioning equipment are outside and within your home, you should spend time on both.
Outdoor AC maintenance
Although your condensing unit may seem intimidating, keeping it clean and working is simple.
- Take Away Any Debris: It’s best if there isn’t much that could get inside and clog the device. Removing the cap and using a shop vac to clean the inside of the condenser is an excellent way to remove any leaves, tree branches, gravel, or gunk that may have accumulated in your unit.
- Turn Off The Unit: To do AC maintenance on your unit safely and responsibly, turn it off before you begin. By turning off the electricity, you can ensure thorough cleaning while reducing the danger of damage.
- Clear Out The Fins: The fins are the little metal prongs surrounding and protecting the condenser coil. Clogged air conditioner fins are a common problem among homeowners. Use a hose to clean any undesirable accumulation outside your fins (on a low setting). If at all possible, remove the condenser lid and spray from the inside.
- Restore The Fins: These tiny metal parts are easily bent. You can use a butter knife to carefully align the fins on the condenser unit to check if they are working. You might also purchase a fin comb, which is a little tool that can pull and straighten multiple fins at once.
Indoor AC maintenance
Keeping track of your AC unit’s inside components is equally as critical as the outdoors.
- Examine Your Filter: A high-quality filter keeps dirt and stains out of your blower. We suggest that every household replace their filter every three months or so. It allows your air conditioner to run more efficiently and avoid performance difficulties.
- Drain The Water: Your AC condensate drain is filled with condensation and water from your air conditioner. Mold can develop in plastic tubes, clogging your system and causing it to malfunction. Use special AC pan pills to protect your condensate drain from clogging or a shop vac to remove an existing clog.
- Look for Any Leaks: Unfortunately, not all AC maintenance services may be carried out at home. Contact a specialist if you notice a leak in your AC unit’s refrigerant lines.
Get Help With A Professional Service
These guidelines should keep your air conditioner in good working order, but professional HVAC service is sometimes the safest and most effective approach to solve heating and cooling system problems. Steady Air LLC provides 24-hour emergency AC repair and guarantees professional workmanship. Your heating and cooling systems will be installed, repaired, and maintained by our licensed specialists.
Call (360) 858-8495 today to learn more about our AC maintenance services!